The 12th annual London Legal Walk will be taking place this year on 16 May. It is a 10km walk through London and hosted by the London Legal Support Trust. Last year over £700,000 was raised! A phenomenal accomplishment.
The Trust has been a long time supporter of the Islington Law Centre and ILC have participated in the London Legal Walk for many years. As the walk approaches and (we hope) donations are flooding in, we thought it would be a great time to talk about #WhyWeWalk:
- for asylum seekers wanting to be reunited with their families
- for the single mum who was unfairly dismissed at her job leaving her unable to provide for her family
- for the job seeker unreasonably sanctioned
- for the newly landed immigrant who has been taken advantage of by a telecommunication company due to their lack of understanding of English
- for the man whose relationship breakdown has thrown him into depression, cost him his job and is now in severe debt with no one to support him
- for the disabled tenant who has been living with damp and mould for 2 years
We walk for those who wouldn’t have a voice if it weren’t for Law Centres.
Update (26/04/16): if you would like to donate to the Islington Law Centre’s Legal Walk team, please visit our justgiving page here – all donations are greatly appreciated!